Diocese of Saskatoon

If I use stock, will either a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust be able to increase my income?

Yes. You may own stock that has greatly appreciated in value, but pays only a small dividend. By gifting that stock to a charity or charitable trust, you defer paying the capital gains tax, you realize a tax deduction equal to a portion of the value of the stock, and you could receive a much greater income than you realized from the dividends.